Guaranteed! Embracing Good Hydration is a Small Act of Daily Self-Care
Staying on top of hydration can be quite a challenge. And while most of us know the benefits of drinking enough water reach from glowing skin, to organ function and hormone balance, as well as hair follicles growing healthy – 3 out of 4 are not drinking well. Time to change!
Often asked how something so simple can be so difficult, it’s actually less about being hard and a lot more about building healthy hydration habits in order to become a confidant water sipper. Making just a few adjustments in your everyday will deliver improvements that might just amaze you.
5 easy ways
Here are five easy ways to make staying hydrated less intimidating, more fun and do-able on a full schedule. Life can get challenging – drinking water shouldn’t be!
- Be prepared! Take your water everywhere you go. Not just the gym. It’s the best visual reminder to keep on sipping – at your desk, on your nightstand, in your bag, in the car. On you always, never without is the easiest way to make drinking water a good habit.
- Use a water bottle you really like because you’ll actually enjoy reaching for. It has that favorite jeans effect – you will be surprised just how often you use it! If you’re not happy with the one you have, change that.
- Add natural flavors with fresh fruits like lemon, grapefruit or lime, along berries and herbs of any kind. Your water will taste delicious while adding extra vitamins.
- Make it a habit. Try to sip an itty bit every 20-30 minutes. Drinking in small sips throughout the day is the key to achieve hydration goals. It takes away the pressure of feeling like you have to drink a lot and is actually better for that radiant glow within.
- Set a timer to drink on extra busy days. There are some cool water track Apps for free that help you stay on top, never missing a sip.
Remember a new routine needs time to flow naturally. Give yourself 30 days to adapt and figure out what works best. Making small tweaks to fit your own lifestyle will let you get better step by step, while embracing your very own version of a daily water routine to obtain your best hydrated self ever. Cheers!
Share your best tricks to embrace good hydration habits @margitruediger
THE ART OF CULTIVATING HYDRATION
Also Known as 3 Delicious Ideas to Upgrade Your Water Routine. Making water taste delicious is easy and all about mixing flavors you like best. You can infuse water with almost any fruit, herb, spice or edible flower. It will hold up to 24 hours and is fast to prepare before an extra busy day. So, if you are having trouble getting your 8-10 glasses of plain water in, the art of adding what is inside your bottle may take cultivating hydration to another level.
Antioxidant & Immune Boosting: Lemon, Passion Fruit and Basil
Combing gorgeous yellow lemons with vibrant green herbs and the tangy twist of passion fruit will make a delicious health cocktail with benefits, that help boost the immune system while fighting off free radicals all at the same time. Feel free to experiment with how much basil you like and substitute it with mint or any other herb.
. ¼ to ½ of a fresh lemon
· ½ of a passion fruit
· 3-4 leves of basil
Cut the lemon with its peel into quarters and add these along the passion fruit and basil leaves to our favorite bottle. Fill with water and refresh with the yummy taste of goodness.
Detoxifying: Tangy Grapefruit, Lime and Herbal Rosemary
Combining grapefruit and herbal rosemary, spins a refreshing taste and helps to detoxify your liver and add an extra dose of vitamin C. You can experiment with how much rosemary you fancy. If you are not a big fan of rosemary you can easily substitute this with fresh mint or basil.
· ¼ – ½ of a fresh grapefruit
· ½ of lime
· ¼ sprig of fresh rosemary or mint
Cut the rind away from the grapefruit and the fruit into slices or cubes. Squeeze in the lime and add all ingredients along the rosemary to your bottle. Fill with fresh water and enjoy the taste of freshness.
Calmness: Raspberry, Orange and Mint
With its comforting and antioxidant effects, this relaxing mint infusion is like a spa escape on a hectic day. Enjoy and unwind.
. ½ cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
. ½ of a fresh orange
. 4-6 fresh mint leaves
Add the mint and raspberries along with sliced, or cubed-cut bits of oranges to your bottle. Fill it up with water and escape. If you like a more intense flavor, feel free to add the juice of the other half of orange or even a passion fruit before filling with water.
I encourage you to experiment and share your favorite water flavors @margitruediger
IMPORTANT! Make sure you are drinking plastic free, because water will taste better from a toxin and microplastic free bottle. Look after yourself, you deserve it!
CultureAndCream author from Stuttgart
Lisa has a Master’s Degree in Corporate Communications, is an enthusiast with a crush on Portugal, a big passion for Asia, and loves walking in the rain. Her wanderlust takes her off-the-beaten path to discover small neighborhoods and food she’s never tried. She enjoys learning about different cultures, how to be the best version of herself, and likes swapping recipes with other travelers.